Saturday afternoon I went on a very interesting walk through the northern section of Crown Heights (Eastern Parkway to Atlantic Avenue, roughly paralleling Brooklyn Avenue) to observe some of the very interesting and diverse architectural features from the late 19th and early 20th century.
Eastern Parkway itself (along with Ocean Parkway) was designed by Frederick Law Olmstead and Calvert Vaux (pronounced Vawx), who also designed Central Park and Prospect Park.
· 770 Eastern Parkway - headquarters of the Lubavitch organization
· "Arts and Crafts" 1920's style features at Brooklyn Ave. and St. John's Place
· Art Deco and Tudor style apartment buildings
· Methodist Home, 1887
· country style cottage homes
· Armory on Bedford Ave. and Atlantic Ave.
· bottom - 1890 era Union League Club - Grant Square
Word To HTML Converter