Saturday took me to the New York City Police Museum, where there was an open house featuring vintage police cars from around the country, including some owned by the NYPD. It is located in a classical style building, which served as the 1st Precince earlier in the 20th century, and is located just north of 55 Water Street.
· 'copper' police badge of the 1860's - which is where the term 'copper' in old movies and 'cop' came from
· 1870's medal of valor - and this is where the Yankees logo came from
· vintage cars if you remember the 1960's - and pre-911 days when the number was 440-1234
· Teddy Roosevelt, who was police commission of New York City in the 1890's
· policewoman combination holster and makeup holder
· green lights are typically on New York City police precincts to the the Dutch watchmen in New Amsterdam carrying lanterns with green glass
· old and new style NYPD police logo, and seal of the City of New York, showing the pilgrim, native American, and windmill.
Word To HTML Converter